Monday 31 January 2011

Storyboarding

First you will need to get the script and transfer text into images.
I am going to start right at the beginning. We are going to draw out what’s going to happen in different panels on storyboards templates.
-----------
You can get templates on the internet such as these, I found just by typing in 'storyboard templates' into Google.


Images were taken from other websites.

Using templates will save a lot of time but if you don’t have a printer or would like the more personal touch to the storyboards like I do, then I suggest using a pencil and ruler and draw it out on A4 paper like in the good old days. I’ve set up how I like to lay out my storyboards. This does have more room for drawing but a lot less for text.


Used Photoshop to make this template, used this as a guide on paper.
  • red v 20cm
  • red H 27cm
  • green V 6cm
  • green H 9cm
  • yellow and orange 0.5cm
remeber this is only 9 panels, you are going to need many, MANY more.

Feel free to print this as it is not copyrighted from other websites.

Now that we have our templates we can begin drawing!

No comments:

Post a Comment