Monday 31 January 2011

Introduction to Brief and Subject

This is the first post in my blog.

This is the introductory post to say what I'm going to do and what is expected by the end, 8 weeks from now.
----
Subject

In the brief I was told we can choose a particular skill from the industry and work on it as long as it has some connection with the Post Production and Visual Effects project. We are to make a tutorial explaining the project as we go along.

I have chosen to do an advanced animatic. I will be able to use existing skills as well as develop techniques I been wanting to try for some time. Seeing as I would like to stick to 2d as much as possible, I can import an animatic as this is lot easer than other forms of 2d.

Tutorial
The bulk of this subject is to show how I am building the work.

I will also talk about:
• How to set up storyboards in a project so they are ready to be taken to post production
• How to arrange a scene so it's understandable to another person
• Camera angles and different kinds of shots
• Different methods of storyboarding
• Pacing in storyboards
• Key fames and which ones you should spend more time working on

Shotgun Software
Still waiting to hear more about this from Jared. As far as I know, Shotgun Software helps with organisation. We need to use this in the brief but I not too sure at the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment